CHANGE OIL LIGHT IS ON

2000 Pontiac Grand Am

Computer problem
2000 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90580 miles

hello there, I changed the oil of my car at around 89000 and the sticker mentions next oil change on 92000. But my change oil light is on in my car all the time. I have checked the level of the oil but it is full and also the oil looks fair. I have very much confused. Is this just the problem with the indicator or there might be other problems?
Sauri1987

It's just a reminder light, try this to put it out, turn the key to on, but dont start it, press the gas pedal down fast three or four times (some it's three, other four.) Then start the car, the reminder should go out.

Merlin2021
Yes sire ! It tried the steps you said. But it didn; t work. Is it just the sensor problem or is the some major problem?

Sauri1987
Try this and get back to me.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL LIGHT RESET - PROCEDURE 3 1. The CHANGE OIL (or CHANGE ENGINE OIL) message is displayed when its time to change engine oil, usually between 3000 and 7500 miles since last oil change. 2. To reset the engine oil life monitor, turn ignition on with engine off. Press and release the RESET button. RESET button is located inside of driver's side instrument panel fuse block/panel (left end of instrument panel). The CHANGE OIL/CHANGE ENGINE OIL light will begin to flash. Press and hold the RESET button again. Reset procedure is complete when chimes sound and light goes out.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Oil_Reseta_1.jpg

Merlin2021