MY GAUGES ARE GOING NUTS.

1996 Pontiac Grand Am

1996 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 104320 miles

i started driving home one evening, and my gauges started going nuts. My Speedometer would jump to 110mph then back down to 40mph, my gas gauge was jumping from a full tank to empty, all of my warning lights were flashing (low coolant, low traction, etc.) My temp gauge was shooting up and down as well. I pulled over and turned my car off then turned it back on, then gauges were all just dead, but every once in a while they would go crazy again and then just die and not move. It does this over and over. EVERYTHING is working perfectly in my vehicle though, it drives well, headlights work, windshield wipers, radio, everything is perfect except for the gauges.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS?
Mnazar1

I am surprised to hear it's running well! It sounds like either a power or gound to the cluster, or the cluster circuit board has a loose pin or two on the back, where the wiring harness plugs into the board.
I would recommend a scan to determine if it's a bad wire, or cluster before spending money on it! Check under the dash at the back of the cluster for loose connectors and such.

Merlin2021