PONTIAC GRAND AM REBUILD PROBLEM

1995 Pontiac Grand Am

I recently bought a 1995 Pontiac Grand Am Se with the 3.1 engine. When I bought that car it had a slight knock in the motor. I didn't think too much of it because they had changed lifters and the cam. After driving the car for 2 days and approximatly 350 miles, it died. Luckily I had a 1996 Chevy Monte Carlo that I totalled a little over a year and a half ago, and kept the motor out of. My brother changed the motor and everything seems fine. I am just curious if I should take the time and money to have someone rebuild the old motor as a back up. The motor from the monte carlo is presumably a replacement motor so actual mileage on that motor is unknown. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Shovawn

Trash the old engine. Don't throw good money after bad because you don't know what you will find unless you want to rebuild it to have something to do. If you do a total rebuild yourself it will cost between $800-$1000. Good luck

Losone
Well we believe the I spun a bearing. There are no signs of problems with the block. I will see if maybe my brother wants it for something to do.I doubt it though.

Shovawn