FUEL PRESSURE

1994 Pontiac Grand Am

1994 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic a lot miles

I was wondering how you check the fuel pressure to see if it's the fuel pump or just the fuel filter? My girlfriend's car cranks up, but doesn't turn over. She got it to start, but when she put it in drive, it died. What else could it be?
Cook1368

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it