OVER HEATING PROBLEM

1990 Pontiac Firebird

Engine Cooling problem
1990 Pontiac Firebird V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 186000 miles

i just got my car out of the shop and had the cylinder heads exchanged, and a brand new intake manifold, and a new water pump with raidator and thremostat. what else could be causing my car to over heat

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/242400_DSCF2557_1.jpg

Justin25

Have it block and pressure tested-do the block first to pinpoint a combustion leaking into the cooling system or a gas analyzer to sniff for hydrocarbons at the radiator fill neck.

Pressure test: do not do a pressure test if there's leakage at the headgasket this might cause coolant into the cylinders and lock it up or bend a connecting rod if cranked thereafter. The headgasket should be repaired before doing the pressure test.

If the block and pressure test passes check the following: , Pressure test the Rad. Cap, Clogged radiator, air lock in the cooling system, Fan clutch, Radiator electrical fan, collaspe hoses, water pump