FUEL INJECTORS

1990 Pontiac Firebird

1990 Pontiac Firebird V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 52000 miles

My firbird has been stored for about 4 years. In a garage. I would start it now and then. I unhook the fuel filter to see if the fuel pump was still working and it was. So I replaced the fuel filter. When the fule filter was unhooked I blew out the line from the motor to the filter to make sure it was not clogged. I am getting plenty of fuel to the motor. When I turn the car over the injectors are not sprying the way they should be so I took them out and tried to clean them. When I put them in and dump some gas into the throttle body the cars runs from the gas I dumped in. When the car is burning the gas I dumped in, the injectors are just dripping gas and not spraying. I am thinking about new injectors but don't want to spend money on someting I don't need. Is there any way to test the injectors to see if they are bad or if there is another problem. Thanks
Rlancette

Hello, not sure of engine litre size? Is the fuel system TBI? You need to use a gage and check fuel pressure. I've seen injector spray patterns that looked good to me, but the pressure was half what it should have been. Are the injectors pulsing, you can use a noidlite on the injector plug, while cranking, see if the lite flashes.