REAR BRAKE CALIPER

Pontiac Bonneville

I have a 2000 pontiac bonneville with 83,000 miles. 3.8l engine no turbo. Yesterday I replaced all four rotors and brake pads. Thourghly bleed the brake system. Took car for test run and discovered passenger side caliper was not releasing. Replaced caliper with new one. Test drove, same problem. Rear wheel gets hot enough to smoke and hot enough to burn ones fingers when they are foolish enough to touch the rim. My neighbor had a 99 bonneville and he told me he had to have a scan done after replaceing his brakes. Is he fooling or do have to have this done? Bonneville also has abs and traction control. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Rdp1234

These rear brakes are not typical calipers, did you screw the piston in all the way? and leave the notch in carrect position to accept the pad? The pad has the wear sensor facing down? If yes to all this then when the caliper locks, open the bleeder and see if it spins, if yes, change the brake hose if no change caliper or master cyl, I don't see that you need a SCAN?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/62217_Caliper_copy_1.jpg

the other thing is make sure the parking brake laever is against the stop! and cables are properly adjusted.

Merlin2021