INTERIOR LIGHTS/REMOTE ACCESS/LOCK MALFUNCTION

Pontiac Bonneville

I have a 95 Pontiac Bonneville V-6, 3.8 Liter engine with 110K miles. My AC compressor just went out and I took the car to an ASE certified repair shop for a new compressor.

The job was completed but now my interior lights do not come on when the doors are open and my remote access/door lock keys do not work. The interior lights do come on when the dimmer switch on my headlights on/off button is activated.

The repair shop did remove the battery cables during the removal/installation process of the compressors. It this fact important? Did it effect my CCM, computer control module in any way?

Also, my interior door panel power door lock/open switches do work properly when activated. The repair shop has been poking and probing for the last three days but without any success.

Can you help? Please respond one way or the other.
Bauerld

I will give some ideas and some questions too

Does the light come on if you try different door
Does the lock switch work on the other door?
In the door jam (when open the door look where the hinges u will see a black tube like coming frame the car to the door )
Very common the wires that run throw it brake up a lot
And also check the fuses and relay
See if you have fuses in or under the clove box

Good luck

BMRFIXIT