INTERIOR DASHBOARD LIGHTS

2003 Pontiac Aztek

2003 Pontiac Aztek 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 160894 miles

My dashboard lights are flickering on and off all the time. When I touch the button that dims the dash lights they go on again. Could it be a loose bulb or is is an electrical short. My mechanic told me to google the problem because it would take too long for him to test or figure out the problem. Cause if it is a short will a diagnostic test catch it?

Margaret Germain

Azteks have issues with the body control modules but usually you get tons of codes, if they work ok when you touch the switch then maybe the switch is bad. The contacts could be wearing out, and find another mechanic who is willing to to address your problems instead of you having to do it yourself

Gmtech
Thanks. I did go to a mechanic but he suggested I try to find the problem myself cause for him to troubleshoot if it is electrical or whatever it may take quite a bit of his time so to save myself some money he suggested I try to find where the problem is first. I will try to find the problem based on your suggestion and then bring it in to him to have it repaired. Thank you very much for your time : )

Margaret Germain