TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS!!

2001 Pontiac Aztek

2001 Pontiac Aztek 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

2001 Aztek doesn't move in reverse. Transmission locks into gear and will barely roll backwards. Will not move while accelerating in reverse. When the transmission is shifted to neutral and accelerating, the car will begin to move foward. While shifted into first the car will move foward with very little torque. Almost acts like the transmission is slipping. 2nd and 3rd seem to be pretty normal from a dead stop. I already replaced the transmission fluid and filter. Fluid was a bit dirty but nothing major. Any suggestions?
Rjacks009

Check the fluid level and condition -might consider changing fluid and filter and see what happens

That was the first thing I tried. Still have the problem. Main thing is that it won't go anywhere in reverse. Really haven't taken it out on the road since the fluid/filter change. Scared it won't make it back.

Rjacks009