BCM REPLACEMENT

2001 Pontiac Aztek

Computer problem
2001 Pontiac Aztek 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

Can you replace the body control module from one aztek to another. I know that it would have to be programmed for all of the functions on the new vehicle. But iis it possible to take one from a car recycling center and put it in another.
Tm4golf

Yes you can replace with a used module of same make / model vehicle but it will indeed need reprogrammed.

Bluelightnin6
You CAN get one out of another Aztek, so long as it's got the same options and such. If you get one out of a " base model" Aztek and yours is " fully loaded, " some of your options may not work. YOU CANNOT REPROGRAM these modules. I've replaced one in my wife's 2001 Aztek. Best option: Do a search online, buy a NEW ONE and take it to an auto repair shop you TRUST. They MUST " pull" the information from the old BCM to program the new, " blank" BCM. DO NOT buy a " refurbished" BCM. The auto shop I took mine to allowed me to remove my old BCM and install the new one for them to program. I spent $250 total for parts and programming. Most dealerships will charge $300 for the BCM plus labor to replace. Most independent shops around me will do the job start to finish for $500.

Jazoofarm