DTC P1391

Plymouth Voyager

96plymouth grand voyager se 3.3 od153088 van would not start after changing cam& crank sensors checking primary& secondary resistance on coil is good replaced the ecm now it starts but the idle drops by 500rpms and eventually stalls ihave adtc p1931 intermitent lose of cam or crank signal I would be greatful if someone could help me with this problem also has new timming chain& gears
Snow

Hey snow,
Questions before we go any further. Were all these parts changed all at once? Timing gears and chain for maint. Purposes or broken? Cam/crank sensors changed because of the codes? Let me know!

Chris

Carundell
The timing chain was replaced do to it being out of time it came to me with no spark the first thing idid was check coil it was fine then replaced the cam sensor to see if that was the problem that did not work so I changed the crank sensor was not that so I replaced the ecm igot spark after changing the ecm thats when I found the timing was off by about 90 degrees so ichanged the gears and belt now I have the problem with the dtc p1391 this is what was done to it so far 1mounth so far thanks for the help I had no dtcs till I got the car running again the only thing that was done after it was running was the timing chain the sensors were only swapped to see if that was the cause for no spark the only dtc I have gotten is p1391 thanks for all the help sorry I almost forgot to tell you I changed the plugs and wires the plugs were original and over gapped.080 gap thanks

Snow
He snow and thanks for the info, if your absolutely certain the base timing is correct then let me do a bit of research and I'll get back to ya later today!

Chris

Carundell
The car when cold run fantastic but after a few min run like it has a loss of power the timing is definetly good thanks for your help

Snow
I have been doing research and was told that I might have to relearn the sbec3 if you have any info it would be greatly appreciated snow

Snow