96 PLYM GAS IN OIL NOT STARTING GAS AND SPARK PRESEN

1996 Plymouth Voyager

96 voyager 3.0 engine has good spark getting fuel, but does not even act like it will start, plugs are wet with fuel when pulled like it is flooded. It has fuel in the oil. After 3 seconds of cranking the fuel will ignite in the oil filling hole with a lighter. Not 100% sure if timing is dead on or if compression levels are low. It was running fine parked it for 3 or 4 days (cold weather) then it would not start. Could it possibly be computer it only had 2 codes 12 and 14. Or is this an injector problem?
Knightscbr

Definitely a fuel ctrl problem. Do this--> place a pressure gage at the fuel testing port. Key on engine off ---> watch the fuel pressure. It gotta be more than 30 psi --> then key off. Let see if it will hold a residual pressure. If it doesn't. Then it means somehow ur in between ur injectors and ur return is leaking. How, why and where --> msg me after ur do the test.

Kin chan
There is no fuel testing port.(On the supply line or fuel rail) Do they make a pressure tester that hooks into the gas line at the quick connect? There is a service port on the return line that says --> " EVAP SERVICE PORT. 1PSI MAXIMUM. REGULATED PRESSURE ONLY.&Quot; But I cannot test for 30 psi at this point, right? I unhooked the return line at the end of the fuel rail, keyed on and off several times then cranked for 10 to 15 seconds, no fuel what so ever at this point. I unhooked the fuel line at the quick connect supply side keyed on and have lots of fuel at this point. I will try to find a pressure tester that will hook up inline.

Knightscbr
EVAP is another systemm. What size motor. There's 4 different motor. Msg me when u get some answer. Of course there is everything to tap into the system.I doubted u wanna spend $400 for a 1/2 behind professional tester kit. Msg me back.

Kin chan
3.0 V6, I cannot see that it has a return fuel line then. Is there a pressure regulater somewhere on the engine?

Knightscbr
Could this 3.0 V6 engine 96 plymoth voyager be a returnless fuel system with the pressure regulated at the pump with a pressure sensor that could be malfunctioning. And if so wouldn't it throw some trouble codes if the sensor is bad?

Knightscbr
3.0 should have a schrader vale which u can tap a pressure gage in there. It is a return system. It is on the supply side on the injector rail. Do what I suggest and msg me if u have some result.

Kin chan
Using the following test procedure I had a 12V test light on the injector harness of 1 injector it did not flash, maybe a small pulsation but the light was constant on, maybe the computer is sending fuel to all injectors all time? Still waiting on as pressure tester. And this is a returnless system.

TESTING

Unplug the injector electrical connector.

Using an ohmmeter, test the injector resistance across the injector terminals. The reading should be approximately 12 ohms at 68°F (20°C).

If the resistance falls outside specifications, replace the faulty injector.

If the resistance is within specifications, proceed with the testing.

Place a 12 volt test lamp across the injector's electrical connector terminals. Watch the test lamp while cranking the engine and compare with the following: If the test lamp does not flash, check the power feed and ground circuits between the PCM and the injector connector. Refer to the wiring diagrams in Chassis Electrical for wire colors. If the circuits are faulty, repair them. If the circuits are OK, test the engine control system using the Chrysler DRB, or equivalent scan tool.

If the test lamp flashes, proceed with the testing.

Check for fuel delivery at the suspect injector by removing the injector from the fuel rail and check for fuel and/or restrictions in the rail or injector fuel inlet. Compare your results with the following: If there is no fuel present at the injector, replace the plugged injector, or clean the restricted passage, as necessary.

If there is fuel present at the injector, proceed with the testing.

With the injector removed from the fuel rail, connect a 12 volt source to one terminal on the injector connector and a ground wire to the other terminal. The injector should click each time the ground wire is connected and disconnected to and from the terminal.

If the injector clicks, it is OK. If it does not click, it must be replaced.

Knightscbr
4got to tell u remove all spark plugs, disable ignition and injectors crank engine to dry out. Then change oil b4 restart. Cuz u wash all oil into the cylinder and now u lose compression. Do a residual test and if it holds up. FIRE IT RIGHT AWAY. Ur car should start. Ifit doesn't hold pressure.U gotta find the leak. HEEEEEE HAWWWWW

Kin chan
Ok I finally found and bought a pressure tester that hooks inline, Ok it pressures up to 45 to 52 with key on. Cranking it pulsates a little 7 to 10 psi variance. ----With pressure at 50 (key on once), (then key off and wait) it blead off 4 psi in 20 to 25 minutes. No leaks that I can see. Can you explain again in a different way about the oil washing into the cylinder and losing compression. How do I disable the fuel injectors, the plugs are to hard to reach just to unpulg them.

Knightscbr
Washed up cylinders-check the compression or do a leakdown test to confirm leakage or do the vacuum gauge technique

Page 1 of 3