92 3.3L DIED (NO SPARK) AFTER MINOR BUMP ON ROAD.

1992 Plymouth Voyager

I have a 1992 Plymoth Grand voyager, 3.3L V6, w/ 180K miles. The van was running fine (some ABS issues we all know about, but otherwise fine) and we hit a minor bump in the road on the way home. The engine stopped immediatly. Checked and there is no spark, the CAM Sensor, Crank Sensor tested fine off car, and the ASD relay (I think it was the ASD, relay on driver side closest to firewall) works fine (12V passing when key is on). The fuel rail has pressure (Until I relieve it) just after turning on the key, but not continuous after releasing the pressure. (Have to turn off the key adn turn on again).
Don't know what to do now. Really need this car.
Thanks!
Chipinnc

Not real familer with the location of things on the vehicle, but I can share a thought based on a similar experience.

Where is the engine ECM located?

Worked on a car once where the ecm was located under the hood in a location where road salt and dirt could work its way around it even with a plastic shield over it.

Over the years, the conditions rotted the master connector to the ecm causing all sorts of random problems with the loose wires in the connector. It was in real bad shape.

It was about then I informed the friend he needed professional help.

Mechanical help of course, as I would have been the one seeking mental help if I even tried I am sure. : Wink:

Scfamily
Had the same problem with my Pontiac. Not sure if there is a coil pack on a Voyager/Caravan though but in my case there was a bad wire going to the control module, hope this helps.

Mgowie00