DRIVER'S SIDE POWER WINDOW

1998 Plymouth Voyager

1998 Plymouth Voyager 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

The driver's side window suddenly stopped working, and seems to be partially off the track? It will go down (sometimes) under power but won't go up anymore.

I can push it up (to close it) but it slips down a little and soon, while driving, is about half open again.

The passenger window works fine, same as it always has.

Suggestions, please? Thanks, Joe
Joepan12

Hi Joepan12. Welcome to the forum. This is a cable-driven system like is found in most vehicles now. If a plastic pulley cracks, the cable can become frayed and tangled. I never actually had to repair one, but I saw a lot of coworkers squatting down while chasing the coiled-up spring across the floor of the shop! I guess they can be pretty frustrating.

I've seen web sites listing rebuilt window regulators, otherwise this will be a dealer item. The entire assembly with pre-strung cables is replaced as a unit. If you have to use your old motor over, be careful if / when you pop the cover off. That's where the wound-up spring lives, and he's just waiting to escape.