SE, 3.0L BLOWER

1994 Plymouth Voyager

My air only blows on high (4) setting and not on 1, 2 or 3. The compressor kicks on when I turn the setting from 0 to 1, but no air is blowing. I'm assuming it's a blower motor problem. Is there any kind of temperature guage that could also be the culprit? If so, where is it located?
Johnny t

BTW-- mileage is 165,000.

Johnny t
What it sounds like you need is a " blower motor resistor". Just put one in a friends minivan a few weeks ago.

Call your local plymouth/chrysler dealer, as they often have them on hand.

They cost 20 to 30 bucks and look like a plastic connector about 2 inches wide with a bunch of small metal coils on the backside.

It seems the idea is that when you use the selector switch on your dash, the voltage for the blower passes thru more coils, adds resistance, reducing the voltage and hence speed of the blower. When on high, the blower motor resistor is passed by, as your blower motor works on high.

The resistor in my friends voyager was located under the hood, passenger side, up high on the firewall (the flat metal panel that seperates the engine compartment from the passenger compartment).
You should see the wire harness going to the backside of the resistor there.

There may be two metal clips you have to squeeze to remove, or two screws. And the connector took a couple shots of wd-40 as the terminals were rather rusty on the old resistor side of the harness.

If you cant find the resistor there, it may be located up high under the dash above where your front passenger feet rest in the passenger compartment. You will have to remove a plastic kick shield to see it most times.

Buy the resistor first if your gonna replace it yourself, and it will give you a better idea of what your looking for.

Hope this helps.

Scfamily
I own a 1994 Plymouth Voyager SE and my problem is that the power door locks stoped working and the keyless entry and the lights stoping coming on any idea what might have done this? I did check the fues and that wasnt it. 8)

TazGuy