VOYAGE 95K- STARTER STUCK ON

1994 Plymouth Voyager

: shock:

Hi Folks,

I would greatly appreciate any guidance. My son just started our Voyager. The engine started, but the starter just kept cranking while it was running. The engine also kept running even though he turned it off and pulled the key out. I had to disconnect the battery to get it to stop. When I re-connect (with the ignition off) it still cranks the starter. Any ideas? I pulled the starter relay from the fuse box, but it just keeps cranking when I re-connect the ground.

Thanks in advance!
Tom
Tcooper777

Well, wiring and electric aren't really my strong points but you should probably check your ignition and see if it's shorted out somewhere. Sounds like you have constant juice going through it to your starter. Just a good starting point to try and chase down what is letting all the juice through. Good luck

Burrbrian
Thanks for responding. I am going to pull the starter first. Maybe the solenoid is stuck. Next will be the igntion. Wish me luck!

Tcooper777