BLOWN FUSE

1965 Plymouth Valiant

1965 Plymouth Valiant V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

my dome light and cigarette lighter are on the same fuse. When I close the door I can replace the fuse without it blowing. When I open the door or push in the lighter it blows the fuse instantly. When the door buttons spring out when the door is opened it is designed to touch ground and the light turns on. I don't understand what is happening, I've traced down the wiring and tried it by disconnecting the dome light and trying the lighter it blows the fuse. I disconnected the lighter and the dome light connected and it blows the fuse. Any help you can give will be appreciated and help me understand this dalema thanks Sam
Samgraff

Check your wiring behind the sdoor switches as they may be bare to far back and shorting out. Same thing with the lighter although alot of times on teh lighters it was the lighter itself that was bad. Also check your undrhood light as that's the same circuit and it can be causing the problem as well.