CAR WONT START REGARDLESS OF NO KNOWN

1988 Plymouth Reliant

1988 Plymouth Reliant 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic? Miles

I bought the Reliant about a month ago. The guy I bought it from said it hadn't been driven in a while because of a family problem.( I personally think its a load of bs, but oh well) We ran out the stale gas in the tank and started running it on unleaded, it ran for about a month even though it would idle high and you would have to sometimes drive two footed or when you came to a red light put it into nuetral to keep it from dying out. Now it wont start at all! It has a brand new radiator, distributor, carb, fuel pump, and fuel filter. It tries really really hard to start but wont. I got it to start yesterday by unplugging the MAP sensor, but it died immediatly after starting. I checked the computer codes there were none. The only ones I got were 12 and 55, which mean that the battery had been disconnected in the past 50-100 ingitions and the 55 meaning the end of the test. What could be wrong with this car to make it not start?
Sammyw308

It is most likley the map sensor, I used to carry one in the tow truck with me, the test was to disconnect it and it will idle only, your high idle sounds like another problem like a loose vacum hose or vac leak, this could mess up the sensor test. Good luck

Kevin hoffman