CAR IDLES ROUGH AFTER WARMUP

Plymouth Other

I have a 1993 Sundance with 138,000 miles, 2.5 liter, 5-speed manual. When the car is first started, it runs great. However, once it is warmed up, it seems to slightly miss. You can hear it most by the tailpipe. It has a new tuneup, O2 sensor, coolant temp sensor, and air filter. Any ideas?
93duster

Humm sould like you need to have someone do a compression check. It is a classic 2.5 burnt valve problem. I expect #2 cyl.

On the other hnad it could be a vacuum leak on the intake in that area. If it has a plastic intake that could be the problem.

Losone
Thanks for the quick response! The intake appears to be aluminum, but you were right, there is a vacuum leak by the intake, although it is a small one. There is a small diameter plastic hose that goes from the air cleaner to the intake, then to the evap canister. The hose is broken, do you think this could be the cause of my problem?

93duster
Yes, that could cause the problem. It doesn't take much to upset the combustin balance on the 2.5. Replace it and all the other one's that look suspect. A test is to rub the hose, if your finger turns black, replace the hose. Good luck

Losone