MODELS MY 90 LASER WON'T START

1990 Plymouth Other

Noises problem
1990 Other Plymouth Laser 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 133000 miles

I am not positive why but when I try to start the car it seems to be flooded. I believe it has to do with a noise that sounds like a chirping sound when I turn the key to the run position. I can get it to start if I put the throttle to the floor but it runs very rough and smells very bad. I believe it might be the throttle positioning sensor but I do not know for sure and I was hoping for some advice so I don't have to make trips back and forth to the auto parts store.
Bwack087

Hi: You may be right. It could be the TPS; however, it could be a few other things. Have the computer scanned for codes first. Most nationally recognized auto parts stores will scan it for free.

Let me know what you find.

Well I ended up taking to have it tested and the TPS did need to be changed but I have also found out that the computer is bad and I have sent it to a repair place in FL and I am waiting for that to come back. Also they said I need to change the ISC because it looks like it nearly burned up the computerto an unrepairable state.

Bwack087