BATTERY

2000 Plymouth Neon

Computer problem
2000 Plymouth Neon 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 96,000 miles

I have a problem with my car, im guessing my battery. I have replaced the battery about 1 month ago, and 2 weeks later i've had a problem. My car tried to idle and all the dashboard gauge needles jumped up and down as well as my car radio reset like if as I took off my battery terminals off the battery. I took my car to the shop and had a diagnostic check twice and though he had fixed the problem. Works good for a day or two and same problem occurs. I have spent about $700 dollars and nothing has been fixed. I do know that if my car does not start, I will move the cable on the battery then it will start. If you could give me some kind of answer I will appreciate it. Im guessing it is a gounding issue but I could be wrong. Thank you.
Blacksmith

Hi Blacksmith,

If it is the Neg Cable you are wiggling and it will start then yes most likely is is either a grounding problem or a bad cable.

What you can do is remove the Neg Cable completely from the car. Check it for cracks in the casing and corrosion. If it badly corroded replace it. If looks in good condition put it back on making sure the connections are clean, especially on the engine side, and tight.

Post findings.

.

Obxautomedic