WILL NOT START AT ALL

1999 Plymouth Neon

1999 Plymouth Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

My daughter's car, a 1999 plymouth neon, has a problem of not starting.

My husband has changed plugs and wires, has bought a new coil and put it on. And still it will not start.

Now, for a while, the car will start and run very well once it has started, but once you drive it and turn the engine off, it will not start again. We have put new plugs and wire on it, the oil is changed on schedule, the engine is maintained, the battery and cable are good and we have reviewed the manual as to what to troubleshoot. We've done all the right things to make it run, but yet, the engine WILL NOT START. We need your help!

Kathy
Kathy durham

To determine if its fuel or spark related do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Thank you for your promt reply about my daughters car - 1999 Plymouth neon.

We did all of what you suggested, no blue sparks, and my husband put on a new coil- still no starting.

The engine turns over and over but no start.
He also replaced the intake manifold, put new plugs and wires, a new coil, and still no start.

Any and all suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you, Kathy

Kathy durham
Okay -now check the camshaft and crankshaft positioning sensors-