CRANK POSITION SENSOR

1993 Plymouth Laser

1993 Plymouth Laser 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Crank position sensor replaced with a new one in my 1993 plymouth laser. Several times now the engine would turn over but not engage. Had it towed to the garage thinking the new sensor may be defective but after tow truck left garage the car would start up. Could the new sensor be faulty but work intermittently? Could it be the engine control module/computer? Does the garage need the problem to manifest itself again before they can properly diagnose the problem? The fuel pump was checked and it is fine.
JoeFalbo

How are you making out with Laser? No, the car can be tested by using a meter to test individual resistance values according to specs. But if it only happens once in a while, like every two weeks, a data recorder can be set-up and you can press a button, this info. Is then examined, and hopefully the car is fixed. I used it for dozens of lemon law cars, this law was a fact of life in my state. Let me know if you need help. K?

Ch112063
Turned out the Problem was the PCM which I had rebuilt. A new one would cost more than what this car is worth.
Thanx for the reply

JoeFalbo
Your welcome, hope everything is ok for you, they(PCM's) are less expensive now then ever, hope your new car works fine.

Ch112063