PLYMOUTH DUSTER ENGINE PROBLEM

1974 Plymouth Duster

1974 Plymouth Duster V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 72,600 miles

I have a 74 duster mopar 318 with a holley 4 barrel carb, headers, edelbrock manifold and the engine has a slight miss in it when I give it gas, I have put new spark plugs and new accel high temp plug wires on it, new distributor, rotor and cap and it stills has this lil miss, what could it be?
Dthurn01

Hi. My Guess, it`s in the Carb ! Bepending on what type of Carb You have- It`s either the POWER VALVE or Bad Accelerator Pump. Check those out & Let Me know what You find out. Have a Good One, Dave

Wolf1961
Thank you for your advise, yes the carb was out of tune, I readjusted it and it seems to be running fine now. The plug wires were fine, the carb was running too lean. Its a 600 cfm Holly carb, I also advanced the timing a lil

Dthurn01
Hey, Glad to hear that ! Keep that good `ole MOPAR Running.I finally got Mine Fired up Yesterday ! Have a Good One, Dave

Wolf1961