I JUST MESSED UP MY IGNITION

1989 Plymouth Colt

Interior problem
1989 Plymouth Colt 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

i was locked out of my car, and stupidly did a lot of trying to get my car to start with another key, and other various objects, looking back on it, maybe I should've just spent the night in the car, but, it didn't seem like a good idea at the time. Anyways, now the original key doesn't work. I am not a mechanic, but very mechanically incline (like to think). Learning these things excites me, just can't seem to figure out the removal of the inner locking cylinder, and therefore am looking for advice. I have removed the outter cover surrounding the steering column and have access to the ignition locking cylinder, thinking that this lil brassish looking button on the bottom side of the cylinder is used in the removal process. Though with my tail between my legs, I dont want to damage anything else about this car. Just trying to cut my losses, and would feel more comfortable knowing before proceeding. I thank you for the time spent answering this for me. I patiently await your response and again thank you.
Dentonnissley

Why don't you take the VIN # to Chry dealer and they can cut you a new key

Docfixit