Plymouth Breeze

I own a 1998 plymouth breeze, 2.4L, with 136,000 miles. My boyfriend wants to know if he has to pull the motor to get the timing chain cover off? Timing chain is broken and he can't seem to find a way to get to the timing chain cover.

Sorry for the late reply.

My info says timing belt. You need to use a floor jack to hold weight of engine because you have to remove motor mount. Use a 2/by piece of wood between jack and oil pan, that should hold the weight of engine. You use a piece of wood to help spread out the pressure points. If the oil pan looks like it might cave, you did something wrong, redo.

Take the passenger side tire off, of course you will have safely raise and support the vehicle. There also could be an inner fender lining you need to remove. That may help you to see and get at things, better.

Anytime your working under a vehicle, there are safety issues. Safety is your responsibility.