FRONT POWER WINDOWS WILL NOT WORK

1998 Plymouth Breeze

1998 Plymouth Breeze 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

I have a four door Plymouth Breeze Expresso. My original problem was that the drivers side power window would not go up or down. All other windows worked so I thought I had a bad switch. Before I could get a replacement switch, my front passenger window would not work either. Picked up a working switch from local junk yard, replaced it, still the same problem with both windows. Rear windows work fine. Could my problem be with one or both of the power motors or are there other things I should be looking at? Checked fuses and wiring all looks good. Another problem I have is that the fan switch for heat/air conditioning only works in high mode. Believe this to be a bad switch as well. Replacement being shipped. Could both problems be related somehow? Thanks.
Dcpost13

Hi
Think window problem is with master switch drivers door. Loss of ground in switch. As for blower not switch but blower resistor located in air plenum just left og blower motor behind glove box.
Hope this helps
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
I replaced the master switch on the drivers door for window problem but still have same issue (previously stated). Do I need to check the wiring to new switch to make sure ground wire not broken or is there something else I am missing?

Thanks for info on heater switch, will try this when get home.

Dcpost13
Pull master switch find Light blue wire #7 place test light operate up/down does light? Do same for White wire #8. If both light the motor os connection. Next Brown/white wire #12 then Violet/white wire #11. If lights both then motor.

Docfixit
Thanks I will try it and see what happens.

Dcpost13
Did the checks for power windows you recommended and reseated everything. Windows now work as advertised. As to blower resistor, think I found it in air plenum just left of the blower motor behind the glove box, looks like a white cap with two wires going to it. Appears I will not be able to replace easily. Do you recommend taking to a dealer to repair or am I missing something simple? If take to dealer what should I expect to pay (i.E. Is it a long job, part cost)? Any info appreciated. Thanks, you have been great.

Dcpost13
Remove insulation panel under dash will be abls to reach resistor. Part under $20 . Remove connector then two screws and out it comes.

Docfixit