WON'T CRANK

1993 Plymouth Acclaim

1993 Plymouth Acclaim 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

Hi, I have 1993 Plymouth Acclaim, I drove it to work the other day and it ran fine but when I got off work it wouldn't start. When I turn the key to start I get nothing. I have checked the battery, the relays, and the fuse links, they all seem good.
Wheeler8201

I'd have to be sure the battery has a full charge and all the connections are good. Did you try cranking in neutral? Check for voltage at the starter relay, when testing, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and a functional e-brake is set. At the relay, red wire is hot/voltage all the time. Yellow wire goes hot with key in the crank position.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_acclaim_starter_wiring_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_plymouth_acclaim_relay_1.jpg

Tested the relay, I get voltage to the yellow wire when I crank but the relay doesn't click. Tested a couple of the other relays they do the same.

Wheeler8201
What about the red wire should be hot all the time?

Yes red wire always had power.

Wheeler8201
Sorry, yes the red wire is always hot.

Wheeler8201
The ground for the coil side of relay is through the neutral switch. No ground, the relay won't energize. If you use a jumper on the left side of relay picture between red wire and brown wire, the starter should crank. You don't have to use the key. If it still won't crank, have the starter tested. Some of the national brand autostores will test the starter for you. Yeah, you have to take it off and take it to them.

Any testing at the relay, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set. I got nothing else, have a good day.

I tried that and the starter cranks, I was thinking maybe ECM. Thankyou

Wheeler8201
I'm thinking issue with neutral switch?