NO SPARK

1992 Plymouth Acclaim

1992 Plymouth Acclaim 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

I was driving down the road. All of a sudden the car turned off. No clue what it was. When I repeatedly tried turning it over it seemed like it was making a weird electrical cranking noise. I checked everything, including pulling the plugs, and they seemed almost bone dry, as if no fuel or not igniting the fuel in the cylinders. Not sure if this is a common problem with this car. I checked the plugs as well. (Screwdriver in the plug and also holding it close to a ground and im not getting any spark) Would much appreciate it if you have any clues as to what this problem could be. This is my only vehicle for work.
Newsome032

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Yea so I guess it seems like im getting fuel. Im not getting any spark though. I checked power to the coil on the block but theres no power to the two prong plug that bgoes into the coil. Now sure what this means.

Newsome032
Check and test ASD relay

There are two fuses on the strut housing, two on the inside of the fender and one further forward by itself. Far as I know the last one is the asd relay. How would I go about testing that. I tried jumping that with a fused link but to no avail.

Newsome032
Power the fuel pump direct from the battery if it comes on, the problem lies on the wire to the pump or the ground and also the relay-try swapping it or replace

We jumped the fuel pump relay it turned on, but when we turn the car over, or atleast try to, there is no smell of gas. When we jump the relay we smell gas instantly. So it seems that with everything by itself its not getting gas unless we bypass it.

Newsome032
Check if the injectors are pulsing

There are no injectors on this car, is there. Seems like its half and half. Has the filter on top like its carburated but its still fuel injected. I dont know it all but u tell me. Far as I know the fuel mixes with the air before the cylinders.

Newsome032
Seems like the fuel pump doesnt run. We can make it run by direct power from the battery. But cant hear it run when we turn the key to the on position. The thing thats getting me is the no spark. I tested the coil, no power. I tested the socket for the pickup switch, and none of the three terminals has power, but you can hear the relays click when you unplug and plug itt back in or put a ground to one of the terminals. I just dont know why its not getting spark. Is there another set of fuses under the hood? I see a lot of responses saying to check the fuses under the hood, but I dont see any. This car is making me feel stupid, although I can normally find my way around most problems.

Newsome032
It has an injector its a throttle body injection system-No spark again test the ASD relay it powers the coil thru the dark green and orange wire at the coil

Page 1 of 2