MODELS

2001 Peugeot Other

2001 Other Peugeot Models Manual

Hi, Ive got a Y reg (2001) peugeot 306, The problem that im having is I started getting a knocking sound from the front drivers side wheel when I went over bumps, thinking it was the cv joint I took it to the garage and they said I needed new bearings. There was no more sound untill couple of weeks later I jacked up the car and found that the wheel was wobbling, so took it back to the garage and they did the bearings again but the tyre was still wobbling so they told me it was the cv joint. I decided to go to another garage and they told me the bearings are not done properly so whos right and whos wrong? If you can please give me your opinion and roughly how much a cv joint should cost because im getting quoted over £100. Thank You
Billy_07

I would have the wheel bearings replace again. The CV joint will not cause the wheel to wobble. Around 100 to replace joint is ok

Dave H