'ENGINE IMMOBILISER FAULT'

2005 Peugeot 807

2005 Peugeot 807 4 cyl Manual 60000 miles

Hi There,

I have owned this peugeot 807 2.0 HDI S (2005) for a short time but the problems I am having are enough to last a lifetime.

The most recent (currently the only) fault is that the vehicle will not start and it shows an error 'Engine Immobiliser Fault' please could someone tell me what this could be and how this could be fixed.

I would be greatfull if this could be resolved and I am happy to donate once I have recieved a reply.

Many Thanks

Sam
079127 58500
Cruzin

The vehicle needs to be plugged into a diagnostic computer to locate the exact cause of the fault and to reprogram the cars computer !

Dave H
Here's how you can reset the immobilizer. It's kind tricky, but trust me it works. Do like this: - Disconnect the battery for at LEAST 15 minutes.
- When you are about to re-connect the battery, leave the drivers door open and have the car key outside of the engine starter.
- When the battery is on again, close the drivers door and turn the key to light up the instrument panel but do NOT start the engine yet.
- Open the drivers door and take away the key.
- Close the drivers door and start your engine.

Your problem is now solved!

The most common solution for this problem is to change the battery in the car-key, so the immobilizer is easer to " read" it.

Hope that helps!

Vazz
It worked for me. Thank you so much.

Humph7ey
Thanks vazz. It worked for me too.

Carsv
Thank you so much from Belarus! It worked for my peugeot 807 2.2 HDI 2003!

Browneyed_