LOW PRESSURE OIL PROMBLEM

2003 Peugeot 307

2003 Peugeot 307 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

I Have Peugeot 307SW 2003
I have problem when I meet heavy traffic jam, about above 1 hour. Then engine died.

I start again and it run again then died again. Until a few try of start and it can not do start again.

I waiting for about 30 munites then engine can start dan running again and run normal.

This always heapen when I get idle condition/or heavy traic jam above 1 hour

I just suspect for fuel pump and coil, so I change that two component. But the result same and the problem still accure.

when it happen MID say : OIL PREsSUre LOW
i\is it warning cause of effect or the main problem?

Should I change type of oil? Or change oil switch? Or oil pump?

please advice me
Chanlego

I have seen similar problems in dodges and Chryslers and others
All your symptoms points to a bad crank position sensor

oil pressure
If you are loosing oil pressure before engine stalling then I would suspect oil pressure switch

If after engine dies then its normal for no oil pressure
Hope that help good luck\

Start by installing a manual gauge and verifying the pressure when it is hot and idling. Until you know what the problem is, it is hard to tell where to start. You may have a bad sender, gauge, or possibly pump, verify pressure first.

BMRFIXIT
Well when my engine died then MID show OIL LOW PRESSURE.
So it mean " OK" with oil pressure switch?
So nother suspect is bad crank position sensor?

What it this? What happen with crack position sensor when the engine idle aboce 1 hour than engine died. How it work?

This sensor will be bad when it hot? Or something else. Then why I waiting for some minutes it can start again and run.

As note. If my car running non stop above 3 hours it no problem it nothing happen. But just for idle or get heavy trafic jam above 1 hour then engine died.(This just another note for your consideration)

please advice me. You look advance : ) thanks

thanks before for your advice

Chanlego
I ve tried to get you a picture and or location for it but SORRY I couldn’t find any
and I haven’t seen a Peugeot for over 15 years
I will try to keep it simple

crankshaft position sensor job is to monitor the crank rotations and speed and report to the computer and in return computer will fire and open the injectors
some times when the sensor get hot it will not communicate the correct information to the computer in return engine will stall but when sensor cool down will function normally again allowing it to start

you need to do few tests on you side 1st
when and after engine stalls on you and doesn’t start, check for spark check for fuel and fuel pressure
and if its spark that you are missing
ask your local part store for crank sensor and location
they may be able to help
good luck

BMRFIXIT