OIL FILTER LOCATION AND CHANGE? ADDITIONAL

2008 Peugeot 207

2008 Peugeot 207 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 1800 miles

The engine is a 1.6 ltr turbo (110kW, 240Nm), car manufactured in Feb 2008 of Peugeot-BMW design.
How do I access the oil filter to change it? Where is it? It is a paper element unit, I understand, that fits into the engine some where, not a screw on external type. Any special proceedures?
Also,
Can an additional external bypass oil filter be fitted to this motor? I have these fitted to other cars and they keep the oil extreemly clean. They source the oil through a restricted orifice off the outlet of the oil pump (at the oil pressure switch/monitoring point) and return the oil through the oil filler cap to the sump.
I have noted that this motor has a fancy oil pump that regulates the flow NOT using the normal high pressure bypass valve, this is said to save power!
If this additional filter can be used without giving problems to this fancy oil lubricating system where is the oil pressure monitoring point?
The question is would this additional oil flow through the bypas filter, all be it small, upset the oil flow through the engine?
I trust I have made myself clear!
Thanks in antisipation for your help.
Regards,
Peter Barber
PS As this is the first time I have use this forum, I woud be happy to donate on your reply, thanks again
Petebarber

The holder for the element is located on the engine block (just like the traditional filter) undo the centre bolt and the holder will come apart to replace the element.

Dave H