SMALL LEAK

2005 Peugeot 206

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Peugeot 206 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 50100 miles

I BROUGHT THE CAR FOR 50000 SERVICE (THEY REPLCED THE AC FILTER, AND THE NORMAL SERVICE) THE AC IS EXCELLENT B4 THAT SERVICE, 3 DAYS AFTER I PUT ON THE AC & TO MY SURPRISED IS NOT COOLING. THEY CHECK THE AC FOR LEAKS AND THEY FOUND A SMALL LEAK SOMWHERE BY USING A LIQUID. I WAS SHOCKED WHEN THEY HANDED ME THE ESTIMATES, THE RECOMMENDATION IS TO REPLACE THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY UNIT, COMPRESSOR, CONDENSER, EVAPORATOR, DRYER ECT AND THE TOTAL COST IS $2800. THE UNIT HAS A WARRANTY OF 60,000 OR 3 YRS. WHICH EVER COMES FIRST. DOES THE SMALL LEAK HAPPENS DURING THEIR SERVICE? CAN THIS LEAK DAMAGE ALL THESE PARTS AT THIS MILAGE? DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR CONSIDERATION REGARDING THE 60,000 MILAGE WARRANTY? IS THERE ANY HARM OR GET WORSE IF I WILL LEAVE THIS LEAK AND WAIT UNTIL THE GAS/FREON RUNS OUT? BEST REGARDS.
JHELEN

If it is just a leak. Have them repair the part that is leaking. The other repairs are not necassary. You have no recourse the warrenty ran out @ 3 years i'm afraid.

Dave H