MODELS VECTRA B MODEL Y20DTH YEAR:

2001 Opel Other

2001 Other Opel Models V12 Front Wheel Drive Manual 132000 miles

Hi,

I have problem with engine, when it is cool it starts normal, and I can drive till temperature is raised to 90 Celsius degrees, then it starts jerking and in most cases stops. Then I must wait until it cools down to be able to start again. Error codes are P1220 and P1345, but we have borrowed crankshaft sensor and replaced it but problem still remain. MIL lamp lite up when engine is about to cut off. I try to see if high pressure pump giving fuel while engine can't start and it is OK. Is it possible that EGR valve can make problem such this if one of pipes are cut somewhere? Or EGR valve full ECU unit when it somehow worms up?

I have notice that problem starts when engine heat transit to problematic part. If I drive car in short distance, and I turn engine off, after half hour I can't start it again, but after few hours it starts like charm.

Regards,
Milan.
Mjaric

Check clean or replace the MAF sensor !

Dave H