CONVERTIBLE ELECTRIC ROOF

2002 Opel Astra

Computer problem
2002 Opel Astra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 70000 miles

I have an opel astra convertible bertone edition, the roof was open and when I tried to close it with the electronic switch on the dashboard it almost closed and suddenly stopped 7 inches away from closing, there was no bangs or noise or burning smells, just stopped working and when you try the electronic switch of the dash it just beeps at you for about 7 seconds and nothing happens. We manually closed the roof with an allen key the lock avobe the drivers head and cannot now do anything with it. I have been told by someone that it could be the ECU (brain) computer, is this correct? Also the central locking for the boot stopped working shortly after and can now only be opened with the key and makes a straining sound when you push the boot lid up like you are forcing it. Also at the very same time I lost the dash board instruments and the electric mirrors and electric seats and the opel garage fixed the dash/mirrors and seats and they said a mouse had chewed through some electric cables but they say it is the brain that is stopping the roof, please help, I want to fix it and can send for a new chip but not sure if I would be wasting money? Thank you natalie
Natalie1979

Hello. thanks for the donation.. much appreciated

The ECU does control all/most functions on the vehicle .. I would be checking the wiring as you have already had issues with this .... if opel have plugged the vehicle into their diagnostic computer and it is telling them to replace the ECU then i'm afraid this is what needs to be repaired !!

hope this helps

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_437.png

Dave H
Fuse is OK?

Opel parts greece
Hi Natalie I have an opel astra convertible bertone 2002 with the same problem in the sunroof that not close properly. You have the problem solution? If are positive, would you please let me know and how?
Please, excuse me for my bad English

My best regards
Manuel Leyva.
Ing_manuel_leyva@hotmail. Com

Manuel Leyva
[/quote: e09282e76d]

All mechanisms are not the same since there are 2 types: ROCKWELL GOLDE (IDENT M)
TUDOR WEBASTO (IDENT WEBASTO)
for more details contact us
alpharm@otenet. Gr
opelparts@hotmail. Com
Skype: opelparts

Opel parts greece
Natalie1979,
our company alno product services fix these broken roofs we are based in Australia exporting to NZ, Greece, and the UK.

Natalie if you want to goole alno product services and get in touch with us we can get your roof working again

Anthony

Anthony@alno