DELTA 88 TRANSMISSION

1993 Oldsmobile Other

I have a 1993 Olds Delta 88 with about 140,000 miles on it. The engine is a V6 3.8L. I am having issues right now with " chugging" between 40 and 60 miles an hour. I have no problem getting up to speed but when I slow down and go to speed back up it stutters and then it will take off. The throttle body has been cleaned, new plugs, new wires, new fuel filter. There have been no check engine light and no codes were found on running a check. I visited a mechanic who indicated it may be an ignition coil or the transmission is malfunctioning in overdrive. Does this sound accurate? What might the problem be?

Thank you
Jeefff

Could be either one. 3.8's had problems with coils and ignition modules. The trans might be shifting back and forth from OD to 3rd

Jack42
I have an additional question regarding the following post from yesterday.

Have a 1993 Olds Delta 88 with about 140,000 miles on it. The engine is a V6 3.8L. I am having issues right now with " chugging" between 40 and 60 miles an hour. I have no problem getting up to speed but when I slow down and go to speed back up it stutters and then it will take off. The throttle body has been cleaned, new plugs, new wires, new fuel filter. There have been no check engine light and no codes were found on running a check. I visited a mechanic who indicated it may be an ignition coil or the transmission is malfunctioning in overdrive.

If I shift only to drive and not overdrive and the same issue is present would that indicate a transmissionissue? Also the fluid is pink colored and does not smell burnt?

Jeefff
If you dont use OD then it might not be the trans. Does that car have a Mass Airflow Sensor? Might even be an EGR problem

Jack42