COOLANT LEAKING FROM EXHAUST MANIFOLD GASKET

Oldsmobile Other

I have a 1999 Olds Alero 2.4L with 68K miles. My 17 year old drives it to school and told me that the temp had gotten to HOT when driving to school. I added cooland and noticed a small drip from drivers side, but I suspected a leaking heater hose. When I got it home, I crawled under it and found that coolant was leaking from the drivers end of the exhaust manifold gasket. I noticed white exhaust smoke, and the engine sputters when started so I assumed that the head gasket was bad. I pulled the head and had it pressure tested and it checked out OK. I replaced the head gasket and exhause manifiold gasket and when I got it all back together and added coolant it STILL leaked out from the exhaust manifold gasket even before I started the engine. What on Earth am I missing here? Why is the coolant leaking out here? ANY help or suggestions will be graetly appreciated. George Peck
Gpecks

I have a 1999 Olds Alero, 170,000 kilometers. When the dial is set to either defrost or defrost & floor it will only blow cold air. The circulating button stays on outside reccirculating and I cannot move it to inside circulate.
When the dial is set to floor, or chest & floor the button is on for recirculating inside and then there
is hot air blowing out. Please help hubby is disabled & I am trying to figure this out on my own the best I can cause I know that garages tend to take advantage of a woman!
What ever you can suggest would be appreciated.
Thank you!? [/B]

Mechanicnot