ALL NEW PARTS AND NO FIRE...

Oldsmobile Other

I have a 1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88. Mileage is 136,000. Engine is a 307 cubic inch V8 with a 4 barrel carb. The motor turns over but I have no spark. I pulled the spark plug wire on the no. 1 cylinder and there is no spark. I have replaced the following: New distributor cap, rotor button, plugs (gapped to.080), plug wires, coil, pick-up coil and ignition module. My Haynes book states that the distributor in my vehicle is " maintenence free". I assume that means that all the distributor does is turn the fly wheel. When I replaced the pick-up coil, I inspected the teeth on the bottom of the distributor for damage. Nothing. Please help me. I'm about to crack up!
Randyeppers1980

Check for power to the coil positive while cranking it over-if its less than 7 volts check your wiring back to ignition switch.

BTW ignition coils with red and white leads should be match with pick-up coil having a clear, a black or blue connector. Ignition coil with red and yellow leads must be matched with pick-up coils with a yellow connector