TURN SIGNALS

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

my right front turn signal recently wasn't working. I replaced the bulb and it was fine for awhile, then stopped again. I kept messing with the bulb everytime it would stop, and sometimes messing with it would make it work again, but I noticed that it looks like one side or the other of the bulb is burnt where it connects into the socket. But now I have a larger problem, none of the turn signals back or front are working! The hazards still work just fine though. I am wondering if this is a problem with the flasher, and if so, where is this located? I would love to be able to fix this myself since the part is only 10 dollars or so.
Krysumme

Yes it could be a flasher. So what you need to do to find it is turn on the flashers and you will hear a click this will be the hazzard flasher the turn flasher will look just like and will be near by. It may be on the fuse panal or it could be in the relay box the access panel to that is usually under the glove box if I remember right. If the flasher doesn't fix it then you will probably need to replace the combination switch (combination switch is the turn, headlight, wiper switch) or know as a multi function switch. Hope this helps let me know how it goes.

Racefan966
I cant find the flasher still. I took out the middle vent that is right next to the button that turns on the flasher. But I dont see anything that resembles the part I saw on auto zones website. All I see is a big open hole, and behind the flasher is a blue box sort of thing that plugs in to some more wires. The part I saw on auto zones website looks like a little yellow plug that you would put into a household outlet almost. I also looked in the fuse box, nothing. And under the dash all I see is a bunch of wires. Am I looking for the wrong part?

Krysumme
It is some where on or near the steering column. You may need to remove a panel (the on the bottom side of the dash. Here is a pic of what you should be looking for.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_26623_1.jpg

Hope this helps let me know how it goes. When I get to work tomorrow I will look up on my mitchel on demand and get an exact location in case you don't find it ok.

Racefan966
Still searching! I have done everything but take the whole dash off. When I took the under piece off I couldnt actually see too much of the steering colomn because there is another large metal piece in the way. Annoyingly this piece seems to be bolted in in places I cannot get to : -/ but anyway, I am still searching for the flasher if you have anymore information.

Krysumme
I will look on my mitchel 1 at work and get back to as the what it say's as to where it is.

Racefan966
All my sourced say it should be at the fuse box or in the power center under the hood on the pass. Side strut tower. Let me know

Racefan966
It seems that GM has made a few lets say mistakes with this car and the way its parts are coded to auto parts dealers. The part that auto zonesold me, the one you pictured above, is not actually the right part for this car. The part we were looking for was actually that blue box that was behind the hazard button where you had me looking to begin with. The part can only be ordered from a dealer, so we ordered it and problem solved : )

thank you so much for your help !

Krysumme
That is great I am glad you found it and I will remember that blue box. I thought so but it is hard to do this without seeing it sometimes. Great work and thanks again.

Racefan966