NO ONE KNOWS THE PROBLEM

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160, 00 miles

I just took my car to a second auto repair shop, the first one changed the fuel filter, replaced the cam censor, a new belt, but it did not fix the problem, it was running fine, I was leaving work and it did not want to start, when it did start it ran as if it was about to run out of gas, as I continued trying to keep it running it started to smoke from the tail pipe and the hood, black smoke, after I sat a while it took off as if nothing was wrong, the next day it started fine then after about 10 minutes I turned the engine off and it would not start again, seemed as if it was not getting gas, later it started fine and drove like always, then the next time it would not start, waited a day drove it to the second shop it drove fine, now it will not start. No codes show when put on the machine.
BarbaraSmith

It is at a second shop currently? Have they determined whether it has fuel pressure, or spark?

Factoryjack
Yes it is at the second shop, it will be Monday before they can look at it, I don't know if the first shop checked for fuel pressure or sparks, I will try to find out. Thanks for your reply, Barbara

BarbaraSmith