NOT STARTING

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

I brought my car to a mechanic to get my head gaskets fixd because they where bad! He fixd the problem and I bought some more parts 4 da car, like a new battery, alternator, thermostat, water pump, starter, spark plugs and wires! When I got my car back it was running but the engine stopped running the same day! The car wont start now and My brother and I been trying to figure out whats wrong with it! One day we got the car to start when we took off da belt and the engines not locked up! We think it maybe something to do wit the head gaskets still! Can u help me?
Eharris

Sounds like you need to talk to your mechanic? Are you saying the starter won't even crank? Check the battery and cables, starter circuit.

If it cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank it, while you check for spark at the plugs. Got plenty of spark everywhere, check fuel pressure.

Can you check cranking vacuum or compression?