1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Repair Question
1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass water Pump Insilation
1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles
I was wondering if you can help me. I was needing to know how to replace the water pump on my 1996 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. I have a friend coming over to replace it but i would like to know how to replace it also so that i can help. Thank you and God bless you.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
3. If necessary for access, remove the coolant recovery reservoir.
4. Partially drain the coolant, into a suitable container, to a level below the water pump.
5. If equipped, remove the serpentine belt guard/cover.
6. Remove the serpentine belt.
7. Remove the retaining bolts, then remove the water pump pulley.
8. Unfasten the 5 water pump attaching bolts, then remove the water pump and gasket. Discard the gasket.
9. Thoroughly clean the water pump mounting surfaces.
10. Position a new gasket, then install the water pump.
11. Install the attaching bolts and tighten them to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
12. Install the water pump pulley.
13. Install the serpentine belt and belt cover/guard (if equipped).
14. Refill the cooling system with the specified type and amount amount of engine coolant.
15. Install the air cleaner assembly.
16. Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for coolant leaks.
0 questions asked