SUPREME TURN SIGNAL PROBLEMS

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass

1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 184000 miles

A few weeks ago my left turn signal slowly stopped working. Then the one on the right eventually quit working. I replaced the turn signal flasher and then the right turn signal worked again, but the left only made the blinking sound, but the front lights did not light up or blink. The hazard lights & flasher work fine and all the bulbs are okay. Both rear lights worked when the new flasher was put in. However now it appears the new flasher is starting to blink slower on the right again. Any ideas?
Greg-man

After much investigation I decided to replace the turn signal/hazard switch. That required me to disable the airbag and remove the steering wheel. I had never done it before and it took me about six hours, partially due to my manual's vague directions and an almost inaccessible screw. Once the turn signal switch was changed the signals worked fine. They have been working for several weeks now without any problem so the repair was a success. I hope this helps anyone trying to solve their turn signal issues.

Greg-man