NO SPARK AND NO GAS, INJECTORS WORKIN

1992 Oldsmobile Ciera

1992 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl 3300/ 3.3L Front Wheel Drive Automatic 86,000 miles

i believe it is the crankshaft sensor, if it is not the i would believ the $85 computer is bad. i put a new ignition module on, fuel pump working, injectors working but just letting air in, fuel pressure pefect, sparkplugs dry, no spark. i having trouble figuring out how to pull the crankshaft sensor and testing it, if it is magnetized it is good?

ANSWER:

the injectors were working, but just letting air in. it was the crankshaft position sensor. $136 to fix, $25 tow, $35 sensor, $75 for labor. a wheel puller for the harmonic balancer and a special tool to set the sensor in the right place. i did not have the tools to repair myself. this sensor shuts the spark and gas off. this experience i had with this car and other cars with a crankshaft position sensor should be told to many others. this is a common problem on these vehicles. 1982 THRU 1996 BUICK CENTRY, CHEVROLET CELEBRITY, OLDSMOBILE CIERA AND CUTLASS CRUISER, AND PONTIAC 6000. GM GENERAL MOTORS!!!

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/552355_p1010154_1.jpg

Bipolarbrad

If you have fuel pressure and no spark, the plugs should be wet. Have you checked to make sure the injectors are working?

I'm glad you got it fixed. Let us know if you have questions in the future.