FUEL PUMP ISSUE POSSIBLEY

1989 Oldsmobile Ciera

1989 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150, 00 miles

I have this 89 olds cutlass ciera that starts and runs for approx 20 mins before it then just stops running. I can restart it and drive for about 10 more mins then stops and then restarts then stops. When it stops I can hear this low huming noise from under the rear back seat, it hums for a couple of seconds then stops. Based on research I have done it looks like it is the fuel pump. Last year the same problem happened but the mechanic told me I needed to replace two fuel injectors so he went ahead and disconnected the 2 bad ones until I had a friend help me replace them. It has run fine for the past year but this problem has just started over the last couple of weeks and has become worse to where it will start but then when I push the accelerator down it dies out but will start then stops then I hear that hum from under the back end on the drivers side. This item looks to be expensive also is this an expensive repair, can this be fixed by someone with no car repair experience. I wish I could donate but I have been out of work for 18 months and do not have the funds to spare right now at all.
Jeffrey48

You have to drop tank to change fuel pump.

First have fuel pressure tested with mechanical gauge to verify bad pump, could be FP relay.

Mmprince4000