T.P.S I.A.C VALVE

1988 Oldsmobile Ciera

1988 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 77,000 miles

my sis car was diag 3 months ago with defective t.P.S she drove till it would not start, engine was bogging popping in plenum backfiring, I replaced the t.P.S lined it up as close to factory 1 as possible, also noticed i.A.C valve was seized, replaced, now engine starts idles pretty decent revs up good, it just starts misfiring in gear and stalling when test driving. What else can it be now?Did I mess up the possition of the t.P.S? Also check engine light comes on after about 20 seconds of idling
Mlozzi200478

Actually, I doubt you did anything. Most likely there are new problems since the part was allowed to stay on for so long. If the check engine light is on, take it to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan it for trouble codes. Most will do it for free, and then you'll have a good idea where the problem is coming from. It could be something as simple as a fouled spark plug.

Let me know.