CHECK ENGIN LIGHT

1997 Oldsmobile Bravada

1997 Oldsmobile Bravada 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 142000 miles

the check engin light came on, the repair garage replaced the senser in the air cleaner line $130.00 when he reset the light the engin started to run rough. He replaced the old one and took it for a tast drive, the car stopped running and had to be towed back. Won't start? Said it is getting gas and spark, said he was going to take the plugs out to see if flooded.
SHY0302

Hi SHY0302,

Thank you for the donation.

What were the EXACT trouble codes retrieved?

NOT SURE BUT THE GARAGE SAID THE CODE SAID THE SENSOR IN THE AIR CLEANER TUBE WAS BAD. BEFORE THE CHANGE THE CAR WAS RUNNING VERY BAD, IF I WAS GOING DOWN THE ROAD AND FLOORED THE GAS THE RPM'S WOULD GO UP HIGH AND THE CAR WOULDN'T SPEED UP. THE LIGHT WAS ON AT THAT TIME SO I UNPLUGED THE WIRES TO THE SENSOR AND THE LIGHT STAYED ON BUT THE CAR RAN GREAT. THE GARAGE SAID THAT THAT BY UNPLUGING IT IT SHOULD HAVE RUN VERY BAD. IF IT WASN'T THAT THE CAR HAD TO BE INSPECTED I WOULD NOT DONE ANYTHING TO THE CAR. I JUST BOUGHT A SCANNER SO I CAN RESET THE LIGHT BUT THE CAR IS AT THE SHOP. I WILL CHECK ON IT TODAY.

SHY0302
Ok, let me know the code once you have it. I need to know the code to understand what is causing the problem.

Reset the codes and retest before retrieving the codes as you have unplugged some components and that might give a false code.