NOT COLD

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 225000 miles

I bought this with a bad compressor, had mechanic put on new one, new reciever dryer, evac and charge system. Under the hood lines are cold, all seems well, but it wont blow cold inside. He thinks it may be something with the bleand doors, but he is a mechanic for a volvo dealer, and does not know about this system. It is an automatic climate control system. Thats all I can tell you. Anything you can tell me?
Ken43

If everything is working with the AC, he is most likely correct. THe blend door, located near the heater core, opens one way for heat and the other for AC. IF it doesn't open, the fan will never blow the cool air into the vehicle. I recommend having that checked. It sounds like that is the problem.

Let me know what you find.

Joe, I got your answer a while ago, with the bad weather I will finally get a chance to check it. You say the blend door is by heater core, is that under dash or under hood? Will I be able to open it manually? Or is something in the temp. System need to be replaced to get it to work. Thanks Ken

Ken43
IT is hard to say what exactly the cause is. However, usually the actuator is bad. On your vehicle, I believe you will access it from under the dash.

Thanks, I hate to keep bothering you, but I need to find this problem, or I feel if I bring it somewhere I don't know I will get ripped off, And I cant afford that right now. Thanks again ken

Ken43
Ken, it's not a problem. If you have questions, that is why we are here. Please let me know if I can help.

Hi Joe,
worked for hours looking for the heater core and actuator, they really hid it. I see nothing mechanical I can even push, pull, or move, all is just electrical plugs a maze of them. This is a auto temp control system though. When I worked for ford 100 years ago when cars where simple, Almost! I left the business in 1975, and I do remember changing lots of ATC boxes on the 69 to 75 lincolns. At least they were visiible. Have you got any other thoughts? Not so easy now that I cant grab one from the parts dept, and plug it in. Cars have changed, and I'm glad I'm out of it.I changed a window rigulator today, and at least that was easier than they use to be. Any other suggestions I would appreciate, And of course I'll be happy to send addtl. Funds if you can get me through this. Thanks Ken

Ken43
I tried looking for a picture for you. However, I can't find anything. For some reason when I type in Olds Aurora, I keep getting Chrysler vehicles. I will try again later to see if it working. Also, contact your local dealer to see if they have an exploded view of the system. Usually they will give a copy of it to you. In the mean time, I'll keep trying to get it for you.

I tried that to, and couldn't find anything. This car seems very challeging no matter what I do. Never get the right parts, seems like Olds, thru something together on this model. I did call a dealer, and I don't know where your from, but here in NY, there not to people friendly. I just was told in a rush bring it in we can check it for $ 125 Thats' kinda why I'm here. I really that you for all your help. Ken. I'll wait to hear from you.

Ken43
I still haven't found any picture. Does this help: The blend doors are inside the HVAC module. You have to pull the dash out to get to them. The doors are controlled by electric actuator motors, they take about 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour to change, each.

Joe, and you still believe that is the problem? Do you feel confident the blend doos are it? Thanks Ken anything else you think of let me know.

Ken43
Page 1 of 2